At Oregon State University, Professor Jonathan Hurst and his teams are developing walking robots based on a simple, stripped-down model of the legs on humans and other two and four-legged animals. The model, the spring-loaded inverted pendulum, consists of...
Register or Sign in below to download the full article in .PDF format, including high resolution graphics and schematics when applicable.
Register for Complete Access (Valid Email Required)
By registering on Machine Design now, you'll not only gain access to premium content, you'll also become part of a robust engineering community. Access the 2014 Machine Design Salary Survey Results when you register now.
Joining the Machine Design community also allows you to:
- Become a member of a group of exclusive Engineers
- Participate in Expert and Reader driven Q&A's
- Start your own conversation by commenting on any article or blog
- Communicate and network with other Engineers from all over the world
- Gain access to high quality content