Motorized microscope stage
Miniaturized ceramic linear drives from Physik Instrumente (PI) L.P. work with the M-687 motorized microscope XY stage for inverted microscopes.
• Complete system includes a controller, joystick, and software; self-clamping ceramic/ceramic linear motors in the positioner are more compact than electromagnetic motors and provide higher positional stability — once in place, no energy is consumed to hold position (no heat dissipation) • Integrated, 100-nm resolution linear encoders provide direct position feedback to the controller, allowing closed-loop operation with high accuracy • Constant velocity down to 10 microns/sec; travel to 135 × 85 mm; suitable for long exposure imaging, image stitching • Speeds to 120 mm/sec; allows for free rotation of the turret for inverted microscopes
(508) 832-3456 • physikinstrumente.com
The 3863 CR dc micromotor from Faulhaber (through MICROMO) contains ZHN48 magnet material to produce torque performance of 150 mNm at 8,000 rpm.
• 12, 18, 24, 36, 48 V • Speed controller SC5008 and motion controller MCDC 3006 can be used to control the motor's speed or manage it when deployed as a positioning drive • Low-friction torque and high thermal resistance; can be assembled with a wide range of gearheads and encoders up to 1,024 resolution
(800) 807-9166 • micromo.com
The G3NA Series of solid-state relays from Omega Engineering control resistance heaters with temperature controllers.
• LED operation indicator has built-in varistor to absorb external surges; available for ac and dc loads and control voltages, in current ratings to 50 A
(800) 826-6342 • omega.com/pptst/G3NA.html
Rod end bearings with various ball materials
igubal K-Series rod end bearings in a clip version are available from igus Inc. in different ball materials.
• Dimensionally interchangeable; six high-performance plastic blends, plus stainless steel; spherical balls standard in iglide L280, suitable for applications with high wear rates • Also offered in iglide R. J, J4, T500 for environments exposed to chemicals and high temperatures, and UW for underwater applications
(800) 521-2747 • igus.com/quickorder
Right-angle ac/dc gearmotor
Right-angle ac/dc fractional-hp gearmotors from Baird Electric Mfg., designed as Von Weise & Bison drop-in replacements, are available with output speeds from 4 to 100 rpm and torques from 25 to 250 lb-in.
• Driven by universal motor with 115 Vac or dc and can be inexpensively speed controlled with a potentiometer or electronic control • Left, right, or double-output shaft configurations, all-position mounting; 1/15-hp motor rotation is reversible
(937) 332-7409 • bairdcorporation.com
Power density, motor smarts
The Gold Drum HV 100/800 from Elmo Motion Control is a compact servo drive that delivers up to 100 A to 800 Vdc.
• EtherCAT and CANopen compliant; creates a high-level, real-time, multi-axis network • Direct to mains operation from rectified 480 Vac • Supports any feedback in single, dual, and gantry configurations; wide bandwidth in current, velocity, position operating modes; current loop bandwidth — 4 kHz • IEC61800, UL508c, UL60950, and EN61000 compliant
(603) 821-9979 • elmomc.com
Ohio Electric Motors' custom designed, SCR-rated dc motors are compatible with full wave, phase type, or pulse-width-modulated SCR controllers.
• NEMA frames 48, 56, 143, 145, and 184 with an output range from 1/4 to 3 hp • 1,750 to 2,500 rpm and 90 to 180 Vdc • Suitable for machine tools, electric vehicles, and servomotors; NEMA-rated magnet wire with Class H Insulation, polyester varnish impregnated armatures, dynamic balancing to reduce vibrations, oversized and sealed ball bearings with high temperature grease • TENV/TEBC/TEFC, low-loss steel laminations • External brush access, excellent heat dissipation, UL and CSA Listing and optional anti-rust, zinc coating, or private labeling
(828) 626-2901 • ohioelectricmotors.com
90-mm flat motor
The brushless dc EC90 ultraslim motor from maxon precision motors inc. is now equipped with a MILE (maxon's Inductive Little Encoder), possibly the world's smallest inductive rotary encoder.
• Detects high-frequency inductivity, which generates eddy current in an electrically conducting target • Resolving up to 3,200 impulses/turn, resistance to dust or oil vapor • Insensitive to interference pulses as from PWM controllers or motor magnets • 517 mNm output
(508) 677-0520 • maxonmotorusa.com
The Kollmorgen W Series IP69K-sealed hygienic servomotors feature an all-stainless-steel, round housing design for long life and reliable operation in harsh washdown applications.
• Venting system eliminates need to supply compressed air to the motor, and a 3 and 6-m standard flying lead option eliminates the need for intermediate cables • High-grade stainless steel for all external and internal metal components, food-grade bearing grease, a food-grade shaft seal, and a laser-etched nameplate • 16 frame/stack combinations deliver 80-Nm continuous torque and 390-Nm peak torque at speeds to 7,500 rpm
(540) 633-3545 • kollmorgen.com
Integrated vertical and rotation stage
The ZVR from Newport Corp. is suitable for semiconductor wafer positioning, metrology, inspection, and repair.
• Also useful in LED production and applications such as 3D scanning, digitizing models, and validation; improved cantilevered load capacity • Significantly lower cross-talk than earlier designs, low mass, high natural frequency • Three-point base — for stability — with a stepper-motor-driven 10-mm Z stage; stainless-steel rotation stage features smooth operation utilizing stainless steel ball bearings • Aperture through the center of the stage simplifies electrical cable and vacuum-chuck cable/hose management
(800) 222-6440 • newport.com
Tiny stepper motor
The PD4-N5918M motor from Nanotec Electronic U.S. Inc. is the latest addition to the IP65-rated Plug & Drive integrated stepper motor line.
• 80.6 mm long; to 1.13 N and 2,400 rpm output; 12 to 48 V • Leverages smooth-running dspDrive technology, sine commutation and an integrated position control system with an encoder • Equipped with M12 connections, EMC-compatible; withstands -10° to +40° C • Compatible with Plug & Drive motors in other sizes • Can be operated in closed-loop mode with high precision and low resonance, without step errors; with RS485 or CANopen interface
(781) 219-3343 • nanotec.com
Pneumatic air actuator
D-type Series air actuators from ContiTech North America Inc. are designed to allow quick subcomponent replacement.
• Aluminum connecting plates to 175 mm OD • Eight sizes in one, two, or three-convolution bellows — 80 mm/Type 22 to 435 mm/Type 816 • No piston rod, strokes exceeding 400 mm are possible • 0.5 to 80 kN lifting
(800) 654-0974 • contitech-usa.com
BLDC and smart servomotors
The low-voltage brushless dc and intelligent servomotor line from Dunkermotor USA Inc. includes custom configurable BLDC motors, controls, gearheads, brakes, encoders, and accessories.
• Five frame sizes of high power density and low voltage, 32 to 75 mm with continuous output power ratings to 530 W • Separate or integral controls, incremental or absolute encoders, and matched parallel-shaft and right-angle gearing; permit simple two-wire operation; Profibus and EtherCAT interface options added to control 45, 65, and 75-mm motors to allow slave operation in motion control networks • New BGE 30100 standalone control for use with battery-powered brushless motors up to 500 W; CANopen-Profibus gateway to allow CANopen motors slave operation in a Profibus network
(224) 293-1300 • dunkermotor.com