Thursday May 28th, 2009 at 2pm EST
OEM design teams are under pressure to juggle technologies with specifications with the outcome always being a great new or improved product. Many of these projects have Power Transmission components at their core and the wrong technology can really hurt the end product.
Dennis Missun and Nick Derus from Rexnord have gathered information about the critical issues that need to be considered when deciding between belt, chain and gear drive technologies for applications requiring 5 lbs – 100 lbs of force.
The course will cover:
- Torque Density: comparing key rating systems AGMA & ISO
- Application considerations: impact of thermals, friction and vibration
- Basics of sizing & selection: information to right-size components
- Other Project/End Customer Considerations
- Live question/answer session with presenters