- This webinar is now available On-Demand.
- Please complete the registration.
Date & Time
- On-Demand Webinar
Are you familiar with basic system sizing and motor selection but need some help with vertical applications?
Do you lack confidence applying a Ball Screw for rotary to linear conversions?
Are you unsure when to use a gear reduction?
Sizing is not that complicated or a mystery if you know the process. We have over 75 years of combined experience selecting servo motors so let us walk you through a step by step example and help you to gain a better understanding of the motor selection process. We will include plenty of practical tips as well as all the formulas you will need to be confident when you select your next motor.
Upon completion of the webinar you will be able to:
- Follow a simple step by step process
- Understand the effects of gravity on vertically operated loads
- Apply a ball screw for linear motion
- Understand the benefits of using a gear reduction and determine the proper ratio
- Calculate the inertia reflected back to the motor through linear-to-rotary conversion
- Calculate the inertia reflected back to the motor through gear reduction
- Calculate the continuous and peak torque requirements
- Calculate the speed requirements
- Select a motor
We will use a brushless motor in our example but the process applies to several technologies.