- This webinar is now available On-Demand.
- Please complete the registration.
Date & Time
- On-Demand Webinar
In this webinar, Olle Lindkvist, a director with PiezoMotor AB (Uppsala, Sweden), will discuss the basics of piezo motor technology and provide examples of a wide range of practical applications for piezo motors. Piezoelectric motors fit applications in numerous markets, such as medical, optics and photonics, instrumentation and aerospace and defense.
PiezoMotor’s origins are tied to Sweden’s prestigious Uppsala University.The company’s two founders, Mats Bexell and Stefan Johansson, initiated their research on Piezo LEGS® technology while at the university. The university has been at the forefront of piezoelectric motor and actuator technology for over 20 years.
Piezo LEGS® offers rotary and linear motion solutions, including models for vacuum and non-magnetic applications as well as sizes that can support from one to several hundred Newtons of force. The simple design supports high volume production while maintaining high precision.
Piezo LEGS® Motor
- Adapts easily to differing specifications and requirements
- Flexible design allows custom integration without need for tuning surrounding mechanical structures
- Stiff and stable performance makes the motor ideal for positioning applications requiring nanometer precision
- High force to size ratio
- Manufactured easily in large quantities for cost reduction
- Simple drive and control electronics