Creo apps coming to market later this year include:
• Creo Parametric — For parametric modeling. PTC says it will have “all the capabilities of Creo Elements/Pro aka Pro/Engineer.”
• Creo Direct — A direct modeling app for “when you want to interact directly with the 3D geometry.” Replaces the product formerly known as CoCreate.
• Creo Simulate — For structural and thermal simulation.
• Creo Layout — An app for early concept layout work in 2D, with the intention of ultimately evolving the design to 3D.
• Creo Schematics — An app for creating 2D routed systems diagrams such as cabling and piping.
• Creo Illustrate — An app for communicating complex service information concepts graphically in 3D.
• Creo View MCAD — PTC says this is a “lighter weight app for those who want to view, interrogate, and mark up MCAD geometry.”
• Creo View ECAD — A viewer tailored for electronics.
• Creo Sketch — An app to capture design ideas in 2D.
Watch Divisional Vice President of Creo Product Development Mike Campbell as he explains each app.
PTC, 140 Kendrick St., Needham, MA 02494, (781) 370-5000, www.PTC.com