The WAGO-I/O-SYSTEM has been expanded to offer pluggable connectors for I/O module wiring. This new series, designated the 753 Series, allows customers to not only harness the flexibility of the original 750 Series I/O System but, also now with pluggable wiring.
"There is a growing trend in the industry for pluggable wiring of either part or all of the control system wiring," claims Dean Norton, Marketing Manager at WAGO Corporation. "We first noticed this trend with our terminal block products and have now addressed this need with our Fieldbus I/O and PLC products."
As a result of this new product development, customers can now pre-manufacture wiring harnesses using the 753 Series Connectors and simply plug them into the 753 Series I/O modules (a variety of both analog, digital and special function modules are available). This serves to simplify installation and reduce wiring errors in the field. Additional features/benefits of this system include:
- Compact size. Both the I/O module and the corresponding connector combined offer an overall dimension of 12mm wide x 64mm high x 100 mm deep (this is only 1mm taller than the original 750 series I/O modules).
- Tool-less operation. Built into both the connector and I/O module are orange pull tabs which allow fast, easy, and tool-less removal of either the connector or the I/O module - individually.
- Built-in test points at every connection point allows fast, easy, and safe testing of the I/O. The test point is completely shrouded to hold and stabilize the test probe.
- Integrated strain-relief supports the pre-harnessed cable and ensures the integrity of the connection between the connector and the I/O module are maintained.
- Integrated coding allows up to 16 different coding possibilities. This prevents connectors from being plugged into the wrong I/O module. In addition, a marking tag holder on both the connector and the I/O module further ensure the right connector is matched up with the right I/O module.
The 753 Series pluggable I/O modules are 100% compatible with the original 750 Series I/O modules and bus-couplers. Consequently, customers can mix both 750 Series and 753 Series in the same I/O node. This allows the customers to choose whether or not to make all functions on the node pluggable or to us this feature to identify which modules are wired to devices internal (e.g. contactors or relays) vs. external (e.g. sensors or actuators) to the control cabinet.
WAGO's complete line of spring pressure connection products include DIN rail mount terminal blocks, chassis mount terminal blocks, PCB mount terminal blocks, relays, signal conditioners, power supplies, surge suppressors, the WAGO-I/O-SYSTEM and more.