Dr. Zavattieri explains smart materials, also called active materials, respond to an applied external stimulus with a measurable change in some physical property. Examples of external stimulus can be changes in...
Register or Sign in below to download the full article in .PDF format, including high resolution graphics and schematics when applicable.
Register for Complete Access (Valid Email Required)
By registering on Machine Design now, you'll not only gain access to premium content, you'll also become part of a robust engineering community. Access the 2013 Machine Design Salary Survey Results when you register now.
Joining the Machine Design community also allows you to:
- Become a member of a group of exclusive Engineers
- Participate in Expert and Reader driven Q&A's
- Start your own conversation by commenting on any article or blog
- Communicate and network with other Engineers from all over the world
- Gain access to high quality content