Piping systems are often not self-supporting because of routing, length, and weight factors. Weight loads include the weights of pipes, contents, insulation, valves, fittings, and possibly the supports. Gas, air, and steam lines that require hydraulic tests must also consider the added water weight. Restraining pipe movements from...
Register for Complete Access (Valid Email Required)
By registering on Machine Design now, you'll not only gain access to premium content, you'll also become part of a robust engineering community. Access the 2014 Machine Design Salary Survey Results when you register now.
Joining the Machine Design community also allows you to:
- Become a member of a group of exclusive Engineers
- Participate in Expert and Reader driven Q&A's
- Start your own conversation by commenting on any article or blog
- Communicate and network with other Engineers from all over the world
- Gain access to high quality content