– Takeoff’s are optional. Landings are mandatory.
– If God meant for man to fly, he’d have given him more money.
– If you push the stick forward, the houses get bigger, if you pull the stick back they get smaller. (Unless you keep pulling the stick back — then they get bigger again.)
– Flying is not dangerous; crashing is dangerous.
– It’s better to be down here wishing you were up there, than up there wishing you were down here.
– The propeller is just a big fan in the front of the plane to keep the pilot cool. Want proof? Make it stop; then watch the pilot break out into a sweat.
– Speed is life, altitude is life insurance. No one has ever collided with the sky.
– It’s best to keep the pointed end going forward as much as possible.
– The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.
– Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man.... Landing is the first.
– Everyone already knows the definition of a “good” landing is one from which you can walk away. But very few know the definition of a “great landing.” It’s one after which you can use the airplane another time.
– The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
– Always remember you fly an airplane with your head, not your hands.
– Never let an airplane take you somewhere your brain didn’t get to 5 min earlier.
– You know you’ve landed with the wheels up when it takes full power to taxi.
– Those who hoot with the owls by night, should not fly with the eagles by day.
– A helicopter is a collection of rotating parts going round and round and reciprocating parts going up and down — all of them trying to become random in motion. Helicopters can’t really fly — they’re just so ugly that the Earth immediately repels them.
– Learn from the mistakes of others. You won’t live long enough to make all of them yourself.
– Trust your captain .... but keep your seat belt securely fastened.
– Any pilot who relies on a terminal forecast can be sold the Brooklyn Bridge. If he relies on winds-aloft reports, he can be sold Niagara Falls.
— Author(s) Unknown