Extreme Redesign is a design and 3D-printing contest for high school and college students. The nine finalists were selected from an international pool of entries by a panel of experts from the design and engineering fields. Designs fall into one of three categories: High School, University, and Art and Architecture. The three first place category winners will each receive $2,500 scholarships. The remaining finalists will each receive $1,000 scholarships.
In addition to the student scholarships, each instructor of a first-place winning student will receive a laptop for use in the classroom. This year's contest also features a new “Green Bonus.” This award will recognize one student in each category whose design best displays innovation in areas such as energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. The Green Bonus winner will receive a $250 gift card.
High School Category Finalists
- Robby Ridzy, Medina County Career Center, Brunswick, Ohio: Gutter Guide
- Maxwell Krist, Eckstein Middle School, Seattle, Wash.: Electricity Usage Meter
- Korrina Reed, Milford H.S., Milford, Ohio: Fragrance Bracelet
University Category Finalists
- Donald Nicholson, Columbus State Community College, Columbus, Ohio: EZwriter
- Ross Warrel, London South Bank University, London, England: Squirrel
- Dale Herzog, Quinsigamond Community College, Worcester, Mass.: Robo-Prosthetic Development Platform
Art and Architecture Category Finalists
- Chris Green, Utah State Univ., Logan, Utah: Helical Staircase
- Trevor Clarke, Fullerton College, Fullerton College, Fullerton, Cal.: Roy
- Amir Naeem, Fairfield Ludlowe High School, Fairfield, Conn.: Horus Research Center
The category and Green Bonus winners and will be announced on Tuesday, May 11th at www.DimensionPrinting.com.