Sponsored By: Gore
Cables are often the last component considered when designing an electronic system. However, cables are really the system’s lifeline, because if a cable goes down, the entire system can stop. Cable performance is based on reliability, durability, and signal integrity. When used in a harsh environment in which the cables are exposed to such things as extreme temperatures, chemicals, abrasion, cross-talk, and interference, the cable’s performance can be compromised.
This presentation investigates the impact of harsh environments on cable systems and some of the variables that you can control to improve performance.
In this webinar you will learn about:
- electrical, mechanical, and environmental factors that affect cable performance
- unique challenges of a harsh environment
- impact of application-specific constraints
- importance of selecting the right materials
- crucial factors in cable selection
- proven testing methods to ensure reliable performance